Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why do I share so much about TOG and PR?

I find Titus 2,
"But as for you, speak the things which are fitting for sound doctrine. Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in perseverance. Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." 
fits right into home schooling communities.

It's funny, but over time, because each minute does influence the flow of a large family home schooling, I have learned where to dig deeper (fundamentals like phonics, the Whole of language arts, and math understanding) and where to enjoy (science, history, art, music, etc.). The enjoyables are important enough to never drop, but I have found the contribute to love of learning at first, while the hard work of fundamentals will allow the love of learning to become independent over time.

Now that I'm in high school and K (at the same time), I am seeing so many things differently. Trial and error adds to the experience, while success and failure help me to identify skills versus content, learning styles, patience over progress, dig over touch, et. al. What was once rigid is simply consistent and what was simply left out is at least dabbled by tiny fingers. I have learned the difference between structure and obsession, between fun and necessary, and have come a long, long way in this home schooling journey. Glory to God for His unending patience and to gratefulness for my husband, who has always stood by me in this home schooling journey.

So, if you take what I've learned and you understand Titus 2, you know why I share so heavily. If I can save a sister in Christ some time and misery, I'm everso thankful and blessed to honor the Lord. TOG helps me fulfill the goals in my house and my goals as a sister in Christ.PR does the same. So, while the little affiliate bonuses are nice, they are surely not the cause for my unending posts about the two, they are simply great tools this Master Teacher appreciates as she follows the path a Carpenter, her Master, has set before her. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win