Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Writing via Dictation in PR 3

Here is an example of a day's dictation in PR3, week 24. This should give you a nice idea of the progression of writing skills. From this dictation, we remembered quotations, nouns of direct address, comma placement and conjunction usage. Extracted from Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin:

"Benjamin, does thee know that color is not necessary to thy well-being? It is not like the sun that warms, or the rain that freshens, or the bread that nourishes. Does thee know that?"
"Yes, Mamma, i know."
"Very well then. I shall give thee a stick of my indigo blue. With red and yellow from the earth and blue from my dye pot, thee can blend all the tints in the rainbow."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win