We started our lesson with a review of /u/ /U/. It didn't stick as solidly last week, and I'm sure it's because we did not do the repetitive gluing. So, I cut out some umbrellas and unicycles this morning and we glued them on our paper.
Then we headed over to B.
- We started with the bumpy letter tracing three times. We talked about needing the stick to blow the bubbles.
- Then we wrote and repeated the sound, "/b/ bubbles" in rice.
- Next up, pasting and repeating the sound, /b/ as we glued a girl blowing bubbles all over our letter b.
- From there, he pulled down tiles to spell a few words: bag, bad, bit, job.
- Since he was kinda tired today and processing slowly, I took the opportunity to have him practice listening for vowel sounds. I used our flashcards and place consonant-space-consonant down and said a word. He had to pull down the vowel cards and put them in place as I formed a variety of words: cob, bat, bud, bid, jab, big, but, tab, tub, bug
- I skipped dictation today. I think tomorrow, instead of Starfall, I'll do dictation of the following sentences: Bob lit the log. The bag is big. Bob and Kim chat a lot.