Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Cursive in PR2

The Phonics Road teaches connective cursive. Essentially, this means taking manuscript and using a few simple strokes (short upswing, upswing, dip) connecting them together. I find the method easy to teach and more importantly, easy to learn. There are no fancy loops for capitals, which I also find advantageous.

One of my favorite factors in using PR is the application of all things learned. You don't find arbitrary lessons simply for practice. There is meaning behind everything. Cursive is no exception. After learning letter formation, the child practices cursive writing by applying it to a grammar review. Here is a sample. 

The Ax Man's sample. He's in 3rd grade.

The Ant's, a 2nd grader

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am passing on the Stylish Blogger Award. You can pick it up along with the rules at my blog, if you'd like. http://daisiesanddominos.blogspot.com/2010/11/stylish-blogger-award.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win