Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Week in Review 10/ 11-15 / 10

Watching Gone With the Wind (my FAVORITE movie) Notice Lil' Mother and her baby brother!

Finally got my camera up and running, so I get to add table pictures. All 11 of us for family night in one spot...what a blessing!
Well, this was a school light week. We had a regular Monday -- Wed, but a light Thursday and Friday. We took a trip with our church on Thursday, so we finished grammar and math on the 2-hour ride, then read only for history at the convention.

The Elders did continue an extensive study of Civil War battles. We added an extra week to our studies this year so we could really focus on battles, as the boys, of course, love that aspect. We watched Gettysburg, too. I spent about 4 hours on discussion, thus shortening other areas. It was worth it, so I have no regrets!

We also built a shot put device for the Little League and learned all about 46 degrees being the ideal angle to launch for distance and power. We even remember it whilst watching Gettysburg.

I visited my long lost friend on Wed. night, since there was no church. Instead, I enjoyed some margaritas and chips + salsa. I miss my dear friend, who between the two of us, our so busy with life we rarely get to enjoy each other. It's shameless and we left each other's company again, vowing to get together monthly, both with and without kids. Fingers crossed!

We finished up the week with an early Friday airsoft gun war at some dear friends' house. This family abounds in love and is joyfully suited to mine. The little boys all love each other and the big brothers here are always pleased to be "on loan" for the little brothers in this house! It's cool to have friends who are a "generation" behind you, so you can both enjoy the little years again and also so they can get a glimpse of what's to come.

So, we moved through grammar normally, math normally, continued our new Latin studies (see post below for details), continued with Across Five Aprils, didn't do any reading lessons with Al the Great and actually made an effort to enjoy some friends. That translates into: Mom's gonna bust her but to get a lot of school work lined up until Thanksgiving, the high schoolers enjoyed the light week, the littles enjoyed extra playtime and I have the lazies all out of my system. God help us all next week b/c IT'S ON Like Donkey Kong! ;)

5 comments:

Faith said...

Sounds like a good week. I'm glad you got to visit with your friend!

Robyn said...

Sounds like a great relational week! We are traveling to see our best friends next week, as well as taking the week off! Love to see the pict of you all around the table. I'm sure there's not a dull moment in your house!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a good week. And it is a blessing to have them all in one place.

Mrs. Brooke said...

We all need time with friends. It's good for us! Glad you got a bit of it!

Dee said...

Gone with the Wind is one of my absolute favorites, too! I own it, but it's in video. I got it at Goodwill and couldn't pass it up the deal of 1 dollar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win