Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Monday, September 20, 2010

No week in review --- Just look what He's done! --- episode Aug 13-17, 2010

Well, this week brought a couple of surprises, so we only schooled Monday -- Wednesday. Some dear friends of ours moved their entire children's ministry in a few short days and as the end of the week drew near, it became obvious to my dearest Bubba / Oman that they could really use some more help. So on Thursday and Friday, the eldest boys and I headed to downtown Clearwater with them to help pack, move, donate, and clean up. WHEW! I honestly couldn't imagine we'd finish by the deadline, but with the grace of God, we surely did and as usual, my family was again reminded of Jehovah Jireh! Unfortunately, my camera is on the fritz, so I'll have to try for pictures a bit later.

The testimony of my friends move is amazing in and of itself, but that's their story to share, so I'll leave that to them; I will, however, share how the Lord moved for us. I continue to marvel how He does his due diligence if I am patient and do not complain His glory can shine. You see, we have more kiddos these days ;) and their presence has opened up a few needs in our family --- as Oman put it, the kitchen table was shrinking over the past few years! Of course, the children were actually growing and with the addition of our adopted family, we were running low on space. We made it work by placing a school desk next to the table so we could school and eat together, without being at the same table. Well, there's a song we sang many years ago, "Look what the Lord has done for us! Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" My new table is 4 feet wide and 8 feet long...a conference table that came from a bank. It's solid and in great condition. It can easily seat 11, just the right size for us and our extended family! Just look what He's done...

It doesn't stop there. Remember my inheritance of an amazing library? Well, He's done it again. I have tons of work ahead of me, but I was allowed to go through a few shelves of books and take what I wanted. There were many TOG titles in there :) AND some I already own. My plan is to list them for sale at some point and use the funds generated to contribute to the Elders future school materials or needs for Boy Scouts. Again, the Lord blesses beyond belief. Just look what He's done!

Now, having a place to put those books would generally be a problem, particularly since the bookshelves we already own are duck taped, stapled and nailed just to keep them upright. They really are a pathetic sight to bare. Well, 7 bookshelves later...a few real wood...and just look what He's done!

Office supplies were running low around here and I was secretly hoping for Linda's thick file folders and well...packing envelopes (to ship those books I'll sell), post it notes (my favorite), staplers & hole punch (keeping the kiddos away from mine), 2 in. thick file folders (no more tiny bit of coveting), file folders (on my last few), even file boxes (how I store TOG), a chalkboard (my wall was driving me kinda crazy b/c it's too bumpy), dustless chalk (the dust was REALLY driving me nutty), pencils galore and while I keep seeing those really cool IKEA hanging cups w/ S-hooks, I got a "silverware" dispenser that reminds me of IKEA and I feel so cool! Again, just look what He's done!

Add the cool layout cushion/couch thing the children can lay out in the living room and the can goods and disposable dishes to the mix and LOOK WHAT HE'S DONE! All at the expense of our Father, who richly blessed us. The only financial output was the pizza we ordered (with a coupon ;) ) b/c we were Wiped Out after 2 days of moving and Oman offered so I wouldn't have to cook that night.

In the past month: washer & dryer, computer, computer desk, clothing, food, plants, furniture, etc., etc., etc. always free, always right on time, always through people who Love Him, not that we should boast, but that He may be glorified.

If you saw our paychecks you might giggle (or cry, depending on your mood), yet here we are living on beautiful land, flowers blooming outside my desk window, room for 8 children to enjoy life and not be crowded, books to read, lessons to teach, and food to fill our bellies. If you ever wondered if God would provide your needs, just remember my family and KNOW, the if there is a name for God that we understand, Jehovah Jireh is surely it. He provides our every need, even the tiny little ones I only hope for, but never even request. He blesses us beyond richness and gives me every little thing I need to run this house smoothly for His glory. He relieves the burden of provision from my husband. He brings joy to the hearts of my children who learn to be in the world, but not of the world, even to the extent of material goods. We are nothing special, save we are His children, His people, His beloveds, His servants...it is through Him we find our identity and through His everlasting grace we are so well provided. If you don't know the love of the Father, just ask Him to reveal Himself to you...He will and you're life will be forever changed.

3 comments:

LaughingLioness said...

Awesome testimony, Tina! I am rejoicing with you!! Praise HIM!

Dee said...

I don't know whether to laugh with joy or cry at the amazing hand of our Father in heaven!!! Praising the Lord with you and blessing Him for being a God who Sees and a God who's always on TIME!!!!

What a beautiful, encouraging post!!!

Missed ya!

Daisy said...

That is an incredible post! I'm excited to see what God is doing in the life of your family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win