Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

My parents

I am blessed with 3 sets -- you know, the whole divorce thing. Then I even ended up with what, are for lack of a better term, foster parents. They are all loving and work hard at being grandparents, but still do something more. They still have that, "you're my little girl," sweet and loving tone when I talk to them. I love it, admittedly. There are few places I long for more, than laying on their beds while they stroke my hair (like I did to my baby tonight). This week has been an emotional week for me b/c of some hushed issues and wonderfully enough, all of my parents felt it. My mother called me (I usually do the calling). My daddy (yes, I still call him, Daddy) asked me if I was alright when I called; he usually doesn't b/c he knows I'm usually alright. My foster mom had a weird feeling about me the other day and so they're coming up for breakfast to give me some lovin' (they pretend they're coming for the kids, but I know better). I am sitting here, honestly amazed at how a parent just knows. I "just know" when it comes to my children. How much more our father in heaven knows our hearts. I am simply grateful that He has given me so many people who love me, for me, despite of me, and who always seem to feel me, even if so far away. To my parents and their respective other halves, thank you. I love you all and am grateful to God for each of you and the parts you've played in my life. xoxoxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win