Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sometimes, I'm just hungry

Generally, I follow a pretty solid routine of 3 squares and 2 snacks, and generally, those meals are around the same time every day; but every now and then there is something I just WANT...like yesterday. All day, as I worked at my desk, preparing for the upcoming school year, I was thinking about mashed potatoes, gravy, and black-eyed peas. I owe my love of southern cooking to a foster parent, Patti. This woman could cook some southern food, let me tell you! She made the meanest cast-iron skillet fried chicken I've Ever had -- even better than Mrs. Winners! She'd then scratch out some buttermilk biscuits, mashed potatoes dripping with butter, and then some sort of tasty greens. MMmmmmmm mmmmm. So, I made a 4:30 run to the store yesterday and had to make some potatoes, gravy, broccoli, black-eyed peas and thinly cut steaks. It was so.very.delicious. So much so, that I had it all, save the steak, for breakfast this morning (insert shy smilely) with a slice of garlic bread and a glass of orange juice. I'll tell you this much...I won't need that morning snack today, that's for sure. Here's a toast...o.j. glass raised, to all you southern cooks out there. God has richly blessed this nation with the vittles of the south. May we eat in peace forever!
p.s. what does it say about me that I have a "tag" on my blog for food...uh-huh...gorda chica!

1 comment:

Homeschooling6 said...

Sounds yummy! My poor kids get Oatmeal for dinner sometimes. Hee, hee.
Those biscuits sound good. I can almost taste them ;)

Take your time with the email. I just wanted to make sure you got it.
I emailed Elisabeth about tutoring and wasn't sure.
Blessings,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win