Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Giving God the glory

I'm a happy person. I am so very grateful for the wonderful family and true friends God has given me. It's a far cry from my childhood and something I take very seriously. I work my tail off home schooling because I want to honor God and offer myself a living sacrifice for His Glory, whereby my walk and not my mouth is my greatest testimony. In the mix of life, I sometimes forget to be still and know He is God and begin to wander in my busy mind about too many things that are truly out of my control: mainly finances and the state of my husband's peace of mind.

We've never had much money, especially compared to American standards, but we've always been rich where it counts most. That leads me to this post. God takes good care of us even though there's no money in the bank. This week, God has blessed me in tiny little ways that have encouraged me that He does and will provide all my needs, down to the tiniest things like removing the binding from school books. I know this, but sometimes, my mind is so busy, I tend to forget. He once told me I was Israel -- wandering the desert, unhappy with my manna, and forgetting He is God. I still struggle with being Israel, but at least for today, I remember who He is, and I am so thankful.

If you don't know Jesus as your savior I can offer this: being under His wing has brought me peace beyond understanding and a sense of wholeness like no other I've ever known; truly, His love reaches far and wide and is indescribable to the point of no words...if you spend time on my blog, you know that "no words" is rather uncommon for this daughter, wife, mother, and sister. May you know Him deeper if you're already acquainted and may you know Him today if you don't already.

Glory to God in the highest, my great Jehovah Jireh.

4 comments:

Dee said...

What a beautiful post, one that unfortunately, applies to myself as well. You are so right that we are rich in so many other ways that money cannot even come close to or understand.

Thank you for this reminder, and thank you for stopping by my blog! I promise you, you won't regret the book. It will become one of your favorites. Make sure you get the anniversary edition because it has a conversation with the author in the back that is just priceless. It really brings you directly into the mind of this author. It is written in a fast paced, sort of 40's, quirky, corky, style. After you read it, watch the movie. The movie changed a lot, but it was still entertaining. It didn't do it justice, but it gave my mind lots to ponder.

Homeschooling6 said...

Great post Tina =)

LaughingLioness said...

Tina, You are seriously making me choke up this week. Thank-you so much for your encouragement this week. Thank-you for your posts and your beatiful testimony to the Lord. Thank-you and blessings to YOU! (you have sure blessed me)Lisa

Heather said...

Amen, sister. Thanks for pointing me to Jesus tonight!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win