Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Boy Scout Camp

My boys had the great pleasure of attending Boy Scout camp for the first time. They traveled by bus to North Georgia for a week in flap tents, surrounded by woods and mountains and boys...lots and lots of boys! The enjoyed archery, canoeing, white water rafting, camping, wood carving, finger-printing and horseback riding merit badges and some good, clean fun with their fellow troop mates. I have to pause for a momma brag. Of the 1100 scouts at camp that week, some 110 or so scouts participated in archery; of those scouts and a few leaders/instructors about 10 people received a "Golden Arrow." The Golden Arrow is awarded to those completing 5 bulls eyes in a row; of those approx. 10 people, 2 of them were Gilberts (INSERT huge proud grin). Bard and Book devourer was narrowly defeated by an instructor for the highest qualifying score by just one point and received not one, but two Golden Arrows. I couldn't be prouder. Rockin' Out Guitar Dude has begun a campaign to go back for 9 weeks next summer as an instructor...we'll see...9 weeks is a long time away from home. I'm not sure either one of us could handle it yet...well, at least me, anyways. Overall, it was one more experience that ranks tops for this family and their love affair with Boy Scouts. We are so fortunate to enjoy our troop and so very thankful for its outstanding leadership. I'm feeling inspired to derive a BSA science program to use in school and for the troop. Time will tell, b/c you know me, it's not like I don't have enough to do already :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win