Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TOG Year 3, Units 3 & 4 memorization pieces

I have coordinated some memorization to go along with TOG3, Units 3&4. Many of you may have completed some of this in your units 1&2 studies. If you would like a MSWord document with each weeks work already formatted for your student to learn from, email me and I'd be happy to send it your way.

Week 19
LG/UG
I'm Nobody! Who are you? by Emily Dickinson
UG/D/R
Review The Declaration of Independence from previous unit
D/R
The Difference Between Despair by Emily Dickinson

Week 20
Family Memorization – Each member gets a portion of the poem and we will recite it at our Unit Celebration

The Nightingale's Song to the Sick Soldier

LG Stanza 1 (two students will share, but one student could do this, too)

UG Stanza 2

D Stanza 3

R Stanza 4 & 5


Week 21 - 23
LG Abraham Lincoln is My Name
By Abraham Lincoln, a grade school boy
Spend any time reviewing the variety of memorization (bible, poetry, history)

UG/D/R The Gettysburg Address


Week 24 - 28
All: Battle Hymn of the Republic


Week 29
LG partial memorization of The Thirteenth Amendment – frees all slaves
UG/D/R complete memorization of The Thirteenth Amendment – frees all slaves

Week 30
LG complete The Thirteenth Amendment – frees all slaves
UG Bill of Rights Simplified (see selections) (will continue through week 36)
Weeks 30-36
D/R Bill of Rights

Weeks31-36
LG We Conquer or Die by James Pierpont
UG Bill of Rights Simplified (see selections)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win