Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Nature Study Anyone? and A Review of Andreola's Pocketful of Pinescones

Interested in a nature study with your children? Karen Andreola's Pocketful of Pinecones is a delightful narrative about a semi-fictional home schooling family and their implementation of Charlotte Mason educational practices in daily life. An easy read, this book gently expounds upon a Charlotte Mason Nature Study and how one may naturally flourish while you and your family enjoy the out-of-doors together and learn about Creation.

Yes, I said Creation. This family is a 1930's Christian family. If you're not Christian, don't let this sway you. The book is a sweet tale about the wonders of nature. One could easily dismiss the religious content and purely glean a wonderful portrait of Charlotte Mason Nature Journaling.

The additions of poetry and verse round out this lovely work and bring a lovely tale to life. Enjoy the book, but most importantly, enjoy nature!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win