Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Week in Review March 22-26

Well, this week we're still battling the super cold, so school has been light as half of us are not clear minded. The Elders did math, science and history this week with no electives. Made for very easy afternoons filled with history videos and independent reading. Even my non-lover of books finished out a CS Lewis novel in his spare time and continues to prepare for my birthday concert. He's learning 4 songs on his guitar to play and sing for me :)
My Book Devourer finished everything on his nightstand. What a variety of books he reads and rereads all at once. He'll be the one who'll never need a tv...except for video games :) He's glimpsing into TOG Rhetoric stage by reading the core and literature selections, without doing the accompanied work. He says he is really enjoying the books. I'm so proud...he's every mother's dream. I am so blessed.

The Little League did math and computer work every day. I was very pleased with two of them, Darling and The Ax Man, as they finished up their math work early and finished the rest of their stuff on Thursday, so they are getting Friday off. I like the initiative. The Ant has been using copywork to memorize math facts all week...it's working better than anything else has. I think by the end of summer, he'll be solid! I look forward to that!

Otherwise, since spring is in the air, we always try to be outside as much as possible before the pollen destroys our chances of enjoyment, so we've played outside every afternoon and took a lovely bike ride down the County Trail. We went to a local park on Thursday and really enjoyed the birds. We closed our eyes, let the breeze blow over us and just listened. It was beautiful. We also enjoyed the resident alligator. I was hoping The A-Bomb would go to sleep on our ride, but he was so excited he squealed for joy and said, "Hi, bird." to every bird we saw. He was adorable to say the least!

Finally, everybody got a little bit of ABC order practice....needed or not....as they helped me put the new books (see other post) in the library. We're still not quite finished b/c I have made it an every other day project so I don't get too bored with it. What a blessing! I can't wait to check off books from my TOG lists as I discover how many of them I now own. How wonderful.

That's our week. Once I put it on paper, I feel better about it. I'm so used to long days that when they're light, I think we're slacking, but what joy to see how much we really accomplished. Thank the Lord for His grace!

3 comments:

佩怡 said...

thank for share, it is very important . ̄︿ ̄..................................................

Faith said...

Wow, I love all the books! I have a guitar player too and he always makes up a little song to play me for my birthday.

We've been enjoying spring around here too with lots of time outside. It felt good to go to the park for the first time in months!

Looks like you are doing a great job!

Lizzie said...

Looks like a blast, we love Twister, even made a huge on out of a canvas tarp for a mega tournament. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win