Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TOG update

Well...TOG. My 2nd favorite resource ever. It not only gives me what I need now, but reminds me of where we need to be later. We've revamped again. Sigh. Wish I could just leave those kiddies to get their work finished, but in truth, they're just not ready for that much independence. Boo hoo for me! A mom and teacher can dream. I need to spend a bit more time with 2 of the gang to get them closer to our destination.

On the bright side, on of them, the one I wouldn't guess, it doing well enough to keep on his own schedule. He is really excelling in TOG just the way we're moving! We have added some rhetoric reading for him, at his own request (insert proud momma smile)SO, to get to our change!

We will now take TWO TOG Weeks and create a Unit that will last 3-Calendar weeks. At this rate, we will finish Years 3 and 4 by the end of 2012 school year! Putting the Eldest in position to enter full-time college enrollment :)This gives them an extra 7 days, including weekends, to finish the same amount of work. I need the depth at this point for the older group, so cutting back reading is out of the questions. We're going to focus on evaluating what we read and then writing in depth our analysis. Whew!

It also means more time for activities with the little ones. Nothing major, just more narration. They need the practice.

We wrap up this week by finishing Y3Wk2 before the Thanksgiving break. We'll return, ready to begin our new rotation. I'm hoping this will bring back some joy in our schooling for the 2 who need it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win