Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Pondering the Green Grass and Paved Streets

The bliss of green grass and beautifully curbed streets
Reminds me of friends past and what could have been.
He does this, she does that:
Banking, accounting, engineering, healing,
Marriage, divorce, children, games.
I think of where I could be.
Would I love it just the same;
Or does this life without the frills suit me best of all?
Have I grown into what I could be,
Or should be?
Or neither of those at all.
In the end, I sigh in relief and smile,
As the man I love lies beside me
And our children sleep sound and tight.
My life is enough.
I survived.

1 comment:

momof4sweetsisters said...

i like...
we start poetry tomorow...
i like...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win