Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The World Has Lost a Beautiful Person

For my tia, Maria Rodriguez.
Numbness fills my heart. I'm sad, but still too numb to feel it fully. Shock. Disbelief. She was beautiful. Something hard to find today. A beautiful person who gave all she had to those she loved. Generous. Kind. Lovely. Dedicated to her family and her students. The one who only wanted to keep the family together. She wanted peace and happiness for those she loved. A success in the things she touched. An amazing young girl who turned into a beautiful and accomplished woman, despite hard times, despite tragedies of youth. She raised three boys who love each other, love their parents and love life, searching for eternal happiness in all they do. She taught me about having a favorite child -- all of them -- only my children are in on the joke.

I love you, Tia. I'm sorry your were taken from us. You didn't deserve this. You were an amazing woman. I feel like I've lost an entire family -- you were my life line to a heritage long lost and never mine. You gave it back to me with such open arms and joy. You shared stories with me and helped me love those that lingered no more. You were so lovely. So wonderful. You made me want to be a better mother, a loving wife, an excellent teacher because you were those things. I don't understand. I can't fathom anyways. How do I understand this? How could anyone take you away?

My heart and head spin for mis primos. Your worlds were so intertwined, I can't imagine them without you there too. May your spirit rest in the hands of God. May you enter His city. I pray you knew how much you meant to me. I love you, Tia. Sleep well.

1 comment:

momof4sweetsisters said...

Tina- How are you today? You've been on my heart these last 2 days.
Run to the Father.
Love,
Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win