Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Friday, March 13, 2009

The Times They Are a Changin'

Well, I'm not working anymore. This brings me much joy and an overwhelming sense of freedom and relief. It also carries with it, the unknown. Times are tough for us right now. Broker than broke. I can handle not having much, that's the story of my life, but the penny squeezing has really kicked into gear. I have begun trying to save by:
1. hanging laundry
2. cooking scratch meals
3. cutting back on services
4. planting a garden
5. using both sides of computer paper
6. not buying anything from Wal-mart by using lots of substitutes with all the stuff I have around my house
7. planning a yard sale

I would appreciate any new ideas as saving money will now be a priority like never before. I have begun studying to do in-home child care. That will help. but will probably not roll out for 6 months or so. Looking for some bright ideas here...thanks :)

3 comments:

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

Good list.

Barbara said...

A good blog to read on frugal living is www.atpatsplace.blogspot.com

Audrey said...

Do you make your own laundry soap? I've been doing it for about 6 months now and it's great!! If you go to my blog and click on the label Homemade you'll find my posts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win