Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Couch Potato to 5K

Well, my 2 older boys have decided to run track at our local middle school this spring, so being the planner that I am combined with protective momma too, I decided for our P.E. time we would follow the cool running Cto5K program. It gets you off the couch to 5k in 2 months time. I have followed this program once, before I tore up my knee, and it worked really well, so as a family, we're at it so the boys are somewhat prepared when they begin training in February.
Well, that's great for me b/c I need to drop some weight and the plain truth is, I hate exercising, so this will make me exercise b/c if my boys aren't prepared, I'll feel guilty and consider myself a bad mother. Finally, something that actually MAKES me exercise....the potential for bad mothering...not positive encouragement, but I like it any ways.
Sam and the boys are doing well. They're stronger than I expected and are fast. Axel and Danni are hanging in there. Let's just say, I'm both proud and embarrassed...proud b/c my boys can both lap me on our course...embarrassed for the same. You know when you run with a club there's a "fast" group then a slower one, on down to the slowest group? Let's just say I'm runnin' with the 6 and 8 y.o. Humiliating? Yes. Sad? Yes. Better than sittin' on my large rumpus? Yes. I don't suppose I'll ever catch up to the fast group, but that's ok cuz they're looking for speed, I'm lookin' for lost inches!
I have to add, after being on FaceBook...everybody looks so young and thin...I'm motivated b/c I'm so vain and horrified by the GNO pix. So with the combination, it's time to face the music. I'm hoping this will be it...the it...that gets me back on track ~ literally.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win