Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Mini Vacation to Rural Florida

Several years ago we met the Fuetterers through tae kwon do. Shortly thereafter, Momma Fuetterer (Lisa) called me and asked me about home schooling. She started home schooling and our families have been intertwined ever since. Two years ago they moved to Dade City, a rural community northeast of Pinellas County. The untouched scenery is beautifully covered with rolling hills, lush and green, and you tend to see more cows and horses than dogs and cats. Any chance we get, we head out there. Recently, we spent 3 days as a family so we could see the boys in a Thanksgiving play (which was great) and also to enjoy some quiet vacation time. At the Fuetterer's there are woods and a ton of outdoor fun, including 4 wheeling, dirt bike riding and horses...in their neighborhood or yard!
Personally, I love a community where people cling to their religion and guns (sorry, I just couldn't help that one!) We enjoyed our time there and even got a surprise visit from a sweet old girl, Sunny, a 20-year old quarter horse. Lisa is the only other woman my children call Momma, so being the protective mother bear that I am, that means a lot. We love the Fuetterers so much and are so thankful that there is a place where I can have a sister, my boys have brothers, and my girls can bring some girl love to a Momma who could use a little girl time on occasion. Thank God for the Fuetterers, we love 'em. Oh, and I can't forget...
Pat took me on a motorcycle ride all through the area. It was gorgeous...even God inspired to see the sun shine over the hills with huge oak trees and ranch houses distantly, patiently sitting amongst the green blanket. Pat said we topped out at 110 mph...he was being nice to me, cuz I'm a scaredy-cat, and it was so cool to feel the wind in my face-- I felt so free. We had a great visit. We love you Fuetterers, hope to see you soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win