Child, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

My photo
I love the Lord as much as a broken person can; love and loved by my husband; blessed by 5 amazing little people who have helped me to learn much about me; grateful to serve even more as God gives them to me; blessed every day to be a home school teacher; college student; I hope to change the world by loving as many people as possible, because there is nothing greater than loving another.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hmm so much to be thankful for

So, just like the turkey Thanksgiving Day has come and gone, ...it was an unusual T-Day for us b/c I actually had to work -- the first time ever on Thanksgiving. I can't complain about it though b/c
a. I have a job and
b. I only had to work 4 hours.
Not really a big deal, but certainly made me stop and ponder on gratefulness. We had a late, but delicious dinner. I was glad for the dinner b/c we (John and I) remembered a time when I couldn't cook at all and he made the meal. Not only am I now masterful in the kitchen (smiling cuz I'm laughing at my lame self, although I really am masterful now!)this year, my 2 girls actually spent the morning with me, learning how to make our family recipes for things. So, we've come a long way baby! and our meal was delicious.
As we sat around the table, just the children, John and I, we had such a pleasant time sharing stories old and new and talking about the many things for which we are thankful.
For me, though, the best part was Friday morning, after Thanksgiving. John was off and as a family, we put on some music from our playlist (we are sharing what we listened to w/ our kiddos as they discover more mature music)and we played MarioKart on Gamecube. We took turns on whose out or in and we had a blast. I was so thankful that I could be with my husband and children and we could have such a nice time, just being together at home. There really is a lot of love in our home and I am so grateful that I have been home for 12 years to nurture it. Now that I am working a bit, the dynamics have changed, but the love remains. I am so, so thankful for my husband and my wonderful children. I never thought, growing up that is, that this was what home meant, but now, home and love are synonymous and I am overjoyed at the depth of what I have. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope your holiday season is full of life, love and happiness. I am certain mine will be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win